In Microsoft Word FAQ, a lot many users inquire about the MS Word’s vulnerability to external events. Numerous reasons can cause a damaged MS Word document, such as, abrupt shutdown, virus attack, hard disk error, network breakdown, etc. MS Word data remains under a constant threat Due to these reasons. Windows 7 OS was the first to come up with a solution for this. For repairing the Office 2007 based programs, it had an Office Diagnostic Tool having the potential to repair Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
Word files and other Office 2007 based documents can be repaired using some individual diagnostic tests. Various diagnostics which can be referred are;
- Setup Diagnostic: The intensity of corruption in the files & folders is analyzed by this diagnostic procedure. The exact cause of the data disaster i.e. improper installation, virus attack and disk failure are determined by this procedure. Scanning the system takes about 15 to 20 minutes with the Setup diagnostic procedure.
- Disk Diagnostic: The root cause of a problem is determined with Disk Diagnostics. For verifying the magnitude of a problem, it reads the event log and SMART Technology.
- Memory Diagnostic: Any damage to the RAM of a computer is analyzed with this method.
- Update Diagnostic: This determines if your system is up to date or not. It lists the crucial updates missing on your computer.
- Compatibility Diagnostic: Compatibility issues in the computer is spotted. It also Check for known solutions diagnostic: with this test, the data corruptions in Office 2007 can be viewed. For delivering an appropriate solution, it connects the system with Microsoft site.
Instructions to run Office diagnostics to repair Word file
Before running the Office Diagnostics Program, close all other running programs. Go to Microsoft Office>> Click Word Options>>
Resources>> Diagnose>> Continue>> and Start Diagnostics. From Start Menu, run Office Diagnostics if any Office files are not working. Go to Start for this, select all programs, choose Microsoft Office Tools and select Microsoft Office Diagnostics. If this did not help, use the Recovery FIX to repair Word files. Word files damaged because of Corruption in the storage media, Viruses attack, Improper file format, abrupt system shut down or damage to the file structure, improperly existing MS Word while etc. can be restored by this software. So, that clears the Microsoft Word FAQ on Office Diagnostic tool. Thank you!