Among the various Windows operating systems developed by Microsoft Corporation, the Windows XP is considered as the most stable one. Windows XP is the predecessor of the much acclaimed versions such as Windows Vista and Windows 7. The commercial production and sale of Windows XP to customers has officially been stopped but its stability and user-friendly interface makes it still popular among the consumers. If you have Windows XP professional operating system CD and you want to install it, you can easily achieve the installation process provided you have the Windows XP professional key which is integral towards installing the program.
The Windows XP installation steps are shared below and all you need to do is follow the steps shared below effectively to achieve the same.
Steps to Follow
- Start your computer system. Locate and place the Windows XP installation CD into the CD or DVD drive. Wait for the computer to detect and read the CD.
- The system will read the Windows XP CD and will guide you in prompts. When a new window is displayed with the message that reads Press any key to boot from CD, hit any key like Enter, Space from your keyboard.
- Wait for the system to read the CD and finish the preloading process. A new window, Welcome to Setup, will show up on the screen and press Enter and F8 keys whenthe screen is displayed.
- Select a location, the drive where you wish to install the Windows XP using the keyboard navigation arrow keys and hit the Enter key. Select the partition size to install the Windows XP on and hit the Enter key again. This partition size is the size of the drive where Windows XP is formed. The simplest example is that if you choose the entire hard drive as your partition size, the entire hard drive will be used by the Windows XP to store data.
- In the next step, you need to select a formatting option. You can select the Quick Format option, as it is the fastest and hit the Enter key. This will initiate the Windows XP installation sequence.
- The program will ask for the Windows XP product key for installation. Enter the key in the prompt window and select the Next button. Wait for the installation to successfully complete on your computer.
These are the steps that will guide you through the installation process successfully. Never lose your Windows XP professional key as you may find use for this in the future.