Microsoft Hotmail help and support
With the help of online Microsoft solutions center, you no longer need to wait for technical assistance regarding Microsoft products and features. The days of sending long emails to the customer support center and patiently waiting for their reply are outdated. Now everything has been replaced with quick and efficient online support available round the clock. There is a database containing a number of questions and their answers that you may usually encounter. You can easily find answers for your queries from here. In case you are not able to get satisfactory help, you can directly contact the support center using Microsoft support phone number or Microsoft online chat help.
Very recently, I have enjoyed this facility for mitigating certain issues associated with my Hotmail account. Here I am describing an easy procedure to get the services from Hotmail customer care. Just try out and see how online Microsoft solutions help you!
- First, you need to log into your Hotmail account. Then click on the Help icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now you have to select the Support button in the drop down menu.
- You can enter your question in the Ask a Question field. For example, if you are having queries related to changing the password, simply type, “how do I change my password?” A list of similar problems and solutions will appear.
- You should click on the query that closely resembles with your query. Most of the time, your question will have an answer in the search results. At the homepage for support, you can see a list of solution categories that includes a number of frequently asked questions.
Getting Microsoft help for Hotmail
- If you are not able to find a query and answers related to your problem, then you should click on the link labeled Ask a Question. First, you need to create a Solutions Center profile. By doing this you can post your question on the community forum. You can also check the box that enables an alert through email when someone responds to your question.
- Microsoft provides a support phone number too. You can make a call to 1-866-672-4551 between 8 a.m. and 1 a.m. EST Monday through Friday and between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.
With Microsoft help services in your reach, you can easily solve issues without any hassle. Check out forums related to Hotmail service for more customized queries.
Getting efficient Excel tech support
The OFX file format is a very useful feature since many online banking services provide their statement using this format. However, while importing an OFX file to Microsoft Excel, some steps have to be taken to ensure trouble-free working. Usually OFX files are plain text files with textual commands separating entries in the text. Therefore, in order to import such files to Excel, you must first replace the textual commands with an Excel compatible separator. Excel support guidelines to fix such issues is explained below.
- You should click on the Start button first. Type notepad and hit the Enter button. After pressing the Ctrl and O keys together, click on the File type drop down menu and select All Files and Folders. Then you have to locate the OFX file and click on the Open button.
- Now you need to browse through the OFX files. You can notice a pattern among all these entries. Even though each OFX file is different, you can see fields like times, amounts or comments having a similar pattern. The separators, which are often letters or characters separating each line will be the same throughout. You should determine what the separator is.
- Click on the View button and then select Find and Replace. In the Find window, you need to type the separator, which is being currently used in the document.
- You should replace all these separators by the one that is Excel compatible. Vertical bar is a suitable separator and you can enter it by pressing the Shift key and back slash key together in the Replace field. This will replace the existing separators in the vertical bar.
- Then click on the File menu and select Save As. Select the File type drop down menu and choose All Files and Folders. Now enter toimport.txt in the file name and click on the Save button.
- Launch Microsoft Excel. Select the Microsoft Office logo from the top corner of the window. Now click the Open button.
Importing OFX files into Microsoft Excel
- You have to select Text Files from the list and navigate to toimport.txt. Double click on the file to open it. Now the Text Import Wizard will open.
- Click on the Delimited option in the Original data type field. Now click on the Next button.
- Now reset the delimiters to vertical bar and click on the Next button. You can see the preview of your imported file. Finally click on the Finish button in order to import your data to Microsoft Excel.
The OFX files that you imported can be seen within the Excel spreadsheet. You can get further assistance from the Microsoft Excel support pages available online.
PowerPoint animated backgrounds
Microsoft PowerPoint is an application which helps you to create presentations. In order to make your presentation more live, you can add animations like movies, pictures, audio files etc into the presentation slides. It will help you to catch the attention of the audience. The article will provide you instructions to create PowerPoint presentations by incorporating the animated backgrounds.
Instructions to Follow
In order to give animated backgrounds for PowerPoint slideshows, you need to follow the instructions as given below:
- First click on the “Start” button which is provided at the bottom left side of your desktop. From the resulting menu options, click on “All Programs”. A list of programs will be displayed on the screen. You need to select the program which is named as “Microsoft Office”. Among the Microsoft Office programs, select “Microsoft PowerPoint”.
- A new PowerPoint window will be displayed on the screen. In that window, you need to click the tab which is labeled as “File”. From the resulting options, click “Open”è “Browse”. You need to double-click the slideshow file name in order to open it. Then scroll to the slide.
- Now click on the tab which is labeled as “Design”. This tab is displayed at the top of the screen. Then click on the button which is labeled as “Background Styles” provided at the right-side of the ribbon toolbar. Now click the option which is titled as “Format Background”.
- A new Format Background pop-up menu will be displayed on the screen. In the pop-up window, you need to select the menu which is labeled as “Fill”. Click the “Picture or texture fill” radio button.
Animated backgrounds in PowerPoint
- Now click “File” button which comes under the section labeled as “Insert From”. Here you can browse for the movie background or other animation backgrounds to be used in your slideshow presentation. Once you double-click on the multimedia file, the slide background will be automatically updated.
- Click the “Close” button in order to close down the “Format Background” menu. Click on the button labeled “Apply to All” in order to use the selected animations or movie background on all the currently active slides that appears on the slide deck. After that, click the “Close” button.
These are the simple steps that will help you to create animated backgrounds for PowerPoint. Please have it a try!
Microsoft Excel help
There is nothing unusual in encountering problems while working on the Excel platform. If you are carrying on the Microsoft Excel program 2007, you may be facing situations where you get stuck at a particular point while operating the program. However, there are number of features in the excel program itself to pull you out of the difficulties. All you need is to know how to access the Help With Excel support from the Microsoft Excel.
How to use Help with Excel facility?
Excel 2007 program includes the help utility and it contains and enormous database worth of information with instructions and discussions for a number of queries asked by the users. The help feature in Excel uses the F1 key. Now, a help box will open up with a search box at the top right hand side of your screen. Suppose, you need to get information regarding margins and page layouts, you can type in the same in the box provided. The MS office help will give you a list of possible solutions.
You can also access the Microsoft Online help service from the help dialog box for getting further remedies to check the specific problems faced by you.
Microsoft excel 2007
In case you did not find any help from the Microsoft’s website or from the help utility, seek the help from those sites that are engaged in assisting the Excel 2007 programs. Check for websites that are offering free help service by reviewing the information related to your problems. This will allow you to figure out your issues while working on the Excel 2007 program. Certain websites are offering free tutorials for different software programs. In such cases, they will display a list of categories and from them you can find the help you need. The instructions will be provided with the help of graphics to facilitate easy user understanding. There are also many websites showing videos on performing various tasks in MS Excel.
Sometimes, working all the way through these websites will not give you the desired solution. In such cases, you can rely on paid sites to figure out your problem. Log in to various websites so that you can ask your queries to experts by paying a nominal amount. The prices for such service will vary from sites to sites.
Microsoft Business Solutions group
Microsoft designed the Microsoft Navision enterprise resource planning software program as part of the Microsoft Business Solutions Group for small and medium businesses. The program is part of the Microsoft Dynamics line and provides features that are specifically intended to promote business requirements. Navision program, otherwise known as Microsoft Dynamics NAV, is a Microsoft Software program equipped for providing assistance in enterprise related areas including customer relationship management, finance and so on. It is compatible with all Windows operating system versions including the Windows 7 version. You can buy the Navision software at the Microsoft Dynamics homepage.
The program is used to organize and store information regarding financial, manufacturing, sales, marketing and human resources of the organization. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 is the updated version of the NAV application from the Microsoft Dynamics family of products. It consists of web service functionality, an ERP solution and other functionalities. You need to have a good understanding of business, finance, analysis, design skills, programming skills and Dynamics NAV itself to work on this application. The implementation of this product is not as easy as other solutions and it is time-consuming.
Navision software includes budget management and analytical tools, human resource employee reporting tools, business resource and expense tracking software along with the accessibility to real time business critical information. It also facilitates the users to implement business solution tools for multiple sites.
Instructions on implementing Microsoft Navision
- As a primary step, you need to understand the specific requirements of your business and analyze the existing situation. Try to find out the technical requirements and system requirements of the solution.
- You need to include Windows XP Professional or advanced versions, Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 and must have minimum 1 GB memory for client version and 2 GB memory for server.
- You need to plan the resource requirements and obtain the approvals. The resource requirements include hardware infrastructure, software requirements and legacy data.
- Perform the data transfer. The data transfer processes include master data importing from a legacy system to the Dynamics NAV, past transactions and general data transferring.
Microsoft business solutions help and support
- Next, decide on the user roles like key users and general users.
- Carry on with the implementation process by addressing application functionalities, data migration and security concerns, and document the changes.
- Perform the environment configuration for accounting, groups and data migration. Run the test to get the acceptance feedback. Finally, conduct end-user training and implement the program.
Use Microsoft Navision program supported by the Microsoft Business solutions to organize the functions in the key departments of the business enterprise. Contact Microsoft Support for more assistance.
Contacting Microsoft solution center
Microsoft provides us with variety of applications that help us to render different jobs with ease. You cannot imagine how simple they have made office work into. A task for which you used to take hours, can be completed successfully within no time. Microsoft has made its mark on every aspect of office work, and you can simplify any kind of work using this application.
If you have attended a meeting, you would definitely prepare minutes beforehand, and you would include the complete process and procedure of the meeting. In normal situations, you would have to spend some time to complete this task. Microsoft Office provides you with a template that helps you to prepare minutes within minutes. You can get assistance by contacting Microsoft Solution center.
Let us check the instructions about how to prepare minutes using the Microsoft templates.
- Collect the complete data of the meeting minutes. This is required for preparing the minutes of the meeting.
- You can ascertain the form of minutes that you need, whether it is formal, informal, or an email version of the meeting minutes. When you compare the different options, you will find that some are more suitable when compared to others. If the meeting that was conducted was quite informal, it would be suitable to select informal minutes, other than choosing formal minutes.
- You can open Microsoft Word document in your computer, and click the search function of the Word document. You can link to the online template of the homepage of Microsoft Office.
About Microsoft solution center
- You will find Template Category, under which you can select minutes, that provides the minute templates for different meetings.
- You can try to download a suitable template from the different templates that you find in the template area of Microsoft Word. Most probably all the templates would work with versions starting from 97 to the latest version. When you download, you can save it to your desktop before providing the information.
- You can enter information in the template, according to the instructions that you find in the document. After entering all the information, you can save the changes that you have made.
- The minutes thus created can be distributed to the people who are attending the meeting. Make sure that you follow the procedures that are set up for meeting minutes.
If you have any doubts regarding preparing minutes using templates, contact Microsoft Solution Center for further assistance.
Solving excel problems related to graphing
Microsoft Excel has excellent tools to provide visual support to the represent data using neat graphs. In almost all cases, most of the graphs require some modifications to the template and charts while one is feeding in data. You can sort out Excel problems relating to the look of the graph with the help of formatting tools. In other words, you are given the option of customizing the charts by making use of formatting functions. Even though you may find some of the formatting options varying on the basis of the graph you have selected, most of them are more or less the same.
- Open the Microsoft Excel file containing your graphs. In case you do not have a graph, insert a new one by selecting a cell and then choose the Insert option from the top of the tab. Choose a graph from the Charts section.
- To choose the Design, layout and format options, you have to select the chosen graph in the Excel file. Click on the design tab to alter the color and layout of the graph. Go to the Chart style option boxes to change the color scheme and dimension of the graph type selected.
- Give the title and name your axes to facilitate easy interpretation. You will also be finding it appropriate while retrieving the data in the future. For this purpose, you need to select the Layout tab of the ribbon. This will enable you to add the title to your graph along with the axis name.
Graphing problems in MS Excel
- In case you have made changes to the axis and title and you later find that it is not consistent with the graph, you can change it to the main format. For this, you need to choose the object and then select Reset to match style from the layout tab.
- Choose the format tab in the ribbon to alter the colors, sketches and effects in your chosen graph. You can add or edit or remove the word art in your graph by using the word art styles area. Now, you can format the layout of graph with the Arrange and size options.
- Choose the Current selection from the dropdown box to add changes to the graph. Select the Format selection to display the advanced formatting options. Finally save your Excel file.
These are some of the ways by which you can solve Excel problems with respect to graphing.
solution from Microsoft
Microsoft provides periodic updates for their programs so you can protect your computer against intrusions and attacks. While trying to install these updates, you may face error messages such as Installation Unsuccessful, Error 0x51F etc. This article helps you to fix these errors with ease.
The Microsoft Solutions to fix these issues
Fix the issues related to the MS Office Update installation, by following the instructions below:
Remove the Detection Folder
- Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left of your screen. From the resulting menu, choose the option given as All Programs.
- A list of programs will be displayed. You need to click on the one which is given as Accessories, and from the sub menu displayed, choose Windows Explorer.
- Then navigate to the OfficeUpdate11 folder in the path given below:
- You must right-click the OfficeUpdate11 folder and hit the Delete button.
- Now open the Recycle Bin window and empty the folder by clicking the Empty the Recycle Bin option.
Remove the Office Update ActiveX Control
- First click on the Windows Start button, which is provided at the bottom left of the desktop and from the Start menu, and then click on Run.
- A new Run dialog box will be displayed on the screen. In the search field inside this, you need to type opuc.dll and press Enter.
- You must right-click the opuc.dll field and click Delete.
- Now open the Recycle Bin window and empty the folder. Alternatively right-click on the folder, and select theEmpty the Recycle Bin option.
Adjust Internet Explorer Settings
- First click on the Windows button and then choose All Programs.
- From the program lists, click on the Internet Explorer program.
- A new Internet Explorer window will be displayed on the screen.
- In the window, click the Tools menu, and click on the Internet Optionsoption.
- Open the Security tab and click the Internetbutton and choose Default Level. Click OK.
Disable Proxy Settings
- Click the following in the given order: Start-> Control Panel-> Classic View->Internet Options->Connections tab->LAN Settings.
- Uncheck the boxes next to Use automatic configuration script and Use a proxy server.
- Check the boxes next to Automatically detect settings, and click OK.
These are the simple Microsoft solutions you can adopt in order to fix the installation errors with Microsoft Updates. Try them out or avail assiastance from MS support teams.
Problems with Outlook Express
You might have no doubt that Outlook Express is one of the most popular email clients in the world. If you use Outlook regularly, you might have encountered some problems with sending and receiving emails. However, it is possible to fix the Outlook Express Email problems by yourself. Try the following instructions to fix the POP Email error in your Outlook Express.
Steps to Follow
- First of all, check the internet connection of your computer. For that, open the Internet Explorer or any other browser on your computer. Then enter any web address in the search field provided for that and press Enter. If the internet is connected, the web page will successfully load in the browser. If you cannot load the page, restart your internet connection and then reset your internet connection.
- Once you have made sure that you have a secure internet connection, open Outlook Express on your computer. You can find its icon on your desktop or in the start menu. If you cannot find the program in either of these places, open All Programs in Start menu and click Microsoft Office from the list of programs. Then select Microsoft Outlook from the Office menu.
- Once the program opens on your computer, click Tools that you can find on the menu bar on top of the Outlook window.
- From the Tools menu that opens, click on the Accounts button to open the account menu. Click on the Menu tab on top of the Accounts menu.
- In the following menu, you can see your email account and you need to double click on that mail account. If you configure the Outlook with a number of email accounts, choose the email account that displays POP Email error.
Troubleshoot Outlook problems
- Now you can see a Properties menu that opens on your screen. In that menu, you can see the SMTP server address, POP3 server address, POP3 port number and SMTP port number. Verify whether these numbers match with those provided by your internet service provider are same.
- If any of these codes did not match, change those codes to the characters given by your internet service provider and click Apply.
- Now, close the Outlook Express and restart the program. When the program opens again, the POP Email error no longer appears in Outlook.
Generally, the above instructions are all you need to fix the POP Email error in Outlook. Contact Outlook support to get assistance to fix other Outlook Express email problems.
Creating animations for PowerPoint
What makes Microsoft PowerPoint a favorite for most of us? Because PowerPoint lets you make your presentations wonderful. Its simple-to-use features and interactive tools help you create really attractive presentations with much ease.
Animations for PowerPoint
Among its most salient features, animations play an important role in making your presentation impressive and attractive. By using animations in PowerPoint, your otherwise static presentation becomes alive and vibrant. You can have different animations that have been timed to create interesting presentations. If you want to create a dramatic feel, you can simply make the texts fly across the screen or scroll through. You can even make it grow or shrink as you want. There are different animation settings and styles for figures and texts. You can experiment with these different styles until you get the best one to suit your need. By default, the animations are set to play only once and after one complete cycle, it stops. But you can change the settings to make the animations repeat as a loop to get a continuous effect. You can adjust the speed of animations or set delays for it. Note that the animation-loop process differs from version to version in PowerPoint.
Setting animation-loop in PowerPoint 2007
- Add the animation to your PowerPoint presentation.
- Click on the item to select it.
- Now go the “Animations” tab and click the option “Custom Animation”.
- You will get a list of effects to choose from. Right-click on the effect that you want to add and select “Timing”.
- Click on the drop-down menu which is next to the “Repeat” label and select the option “Until End of Slide”.
- After this, click “OK” to exit.
Setting animation loop in PowerPoint
Setting animation-loop in PowerPoint 2010
- After you have added the animation to the presentation, click on the item to select it.
- Go to the “Animations” tab and click the button for “Show Additional Effects Options“.
- Go to the “Timings” tab and click on the drop-down menu next to “Repeat” label. Select the option “Until End of Slide”.
- Click “OK”
Now that you have set the animation-loop, it will continue to play until the end of the presentation. These animations for PowerPoint help your presentation get a completely different appeal and create a good impression among the viewers. PowerPoint comes built-in with lot of such features. Explore more such features and options and make your PowerPoint presentation stand out from the rest.