A computer is an electronic device, and just like other electronic devices, it may encounter some problems or errors during the course of its usage. There are different kinds of errors that could occur while you’re carrying out day to day operations on your computer. Some can be fixed instantly, whereas some cannot be fixed as easily or expediently. Have you ever heard about a critical error in a computer? If not, then these are errors that can stop even the functioning of the computer. They can occur either due to hardware issues or software issues.
People normally run to a technician to get this fixed. But if you run certain tools created by Microsoft, you can fix these errors on your own without spending money. Before you hire a technician for fixing the critical error, or contact Microsoft Solution Center, try out the two free tools created by Microsoft.
Instructions for fixing critical errors
Try to Update Windows
- You can click on the Start button on your desktop, and click on All programs and choose Windows Update. Now the Windows Update window will open up.
- You can click on Check for Updates. Microsoft offers several updates that can be installed on your computer, and they also consist of fixes for critical errors.
- You can select Install Updates, and they will be installed into your operating system. You will receive an instruction to restart your computer once the installation is complete. If the updates that are downloaded do not fix the issue, you can click on Next.
Run Microsoft Fix It Tool
- Open your web browser and navigate to Microsoft Fix It Solution Center.
- Here you can click on Windows, which you’ll find n the left side of the screen, and from the right side pane, select the problem that matches your critical error.
- After choosing the critical error, you can select Run Now. Now the Microsoft Fix It Tool will scan your computer automatically, and the major cause of the error will be detected. Once the error is identified, it will be automatically fixed by the Microsoft Fix It Tool.
You can follow the above steps, and fix the critical errors of the computer. You can avoid hiring a technician for assistance, because Microsoft has offered these two wonderful tools for fixing critical errors. If you still encounter this problem, you can contact Microsoft Solution Center for assistance.
If you ever encounter this error in the future, do not forget to use the above solution to get it fixed.