Microsoft Outlook has been widely popular since its release in the early 90’s. With the advance in computer and email technology, Outlook has also undergone various drastic changes. Owing to this, sometimes it becomes hard to understand how to work around certain features in Outlook regardless of whether you are a new or advanced user. Microsoft solution center comes handy in such cases. Read on to find out more.
If you have an internet connection, you can log in to the Microsoft Solution Center page and seek assistance on various features and products related to Outlook.
- Open your Web Browser.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook Solution Center page.
- This page offers help and support for various features in many forms (text and video formats). If you are a beginner, click on the link labeled Getting Started with Outlook. This will take you to a page containing various beginner level topics with detailed instructions. Browse the topics on this page to gain a basic understanding of how Outlook works.
- To access help in video formats, click on the link titled Outlook Training courses. These are video tutorials that help you learn various advanced features very easily. It is recommended to use this feature if you have a high-speed internet connection since you will be able to learn quicker.
- To find topics on specific features, scroll down the page and click on the link labeled what is your situation? You will find help topics on various different versions of Outlook. Search for a query by typing it in the search box and pressing the Enter button.
- You can also access various Outlook Forums. You can browse the various topics in the index or search for a topic. The forum topics contain queries and their solutions, which are provided by forum members. To post a query, you need to be registered in the forum. Registration is free and lets you actively participate in forum activities.
Windows Help & Support
If you do not have an active internet connection, you can seek help for Outlook offline using the Windows Help and Support feature.
- Go to the Start menu and click on the button labeled Help and Support.
- Enter the keywords of your query in the search box and hit Enter button.
- You will get a list of topics to choose from and choose the appropriate one for detailed instructions on the same.
Users who have upgraded from Outlook 2003 can get a downloadable guide made specifically to find commands similar to the ones in Outlook 2003.