Usually, the sound devices in a Sony Vaio desktop computer incorporate sound cards, expansion cards and speakers. Each model of the Sony Vaio computer comes with a sound card. The sound cards are often susceptible to glitches when they are connected with other sound devices.
You need to check the hardware and device drivers to make the sounds play smoothly. If you were using the Sony laptop, it is likely that you too have encountered this issue many a times. The Sony laptop support provides the following instructions to remove the technical glitches.
- You need to check the speaker’s power button, volume settings and mute switch to verify if they are turned on. Check if they are set to an audible level.
- Click twice on the audio icon. Make sure that the volume is set to mid range in addition to checking the mute boxes.
- You need to examine the connections between the speakers and the computer. Plug the speakers in to another computer and check if they are working well.
- Remove the plug and all other connecting cables connected to your computer. You need to open the case to see the connections in the PCI sound card. Check if the sound card is placed correctly in the PCI sound card slot.
- Check if the sound card driver is activated and if it is in good working condition. Select Start and choose Control panel under the Settings option. Select Systems and then choose Device Manager. Check the sound devices to find the sound card. If you cannot see the device driver, check whether it is removed or damaged.
- You need to download the latest drivers for your specific model. You could get the details from the Sony Vaio Website. You need to carefully follow the instructions before downloading and installing the software.
- Go back again to the Control Panel and check if the driver is listed in the Sound menu.
- Now, test the DirectX drivers for verifying if the sound devices work.
- Navigate to the Start button and then choose Run. Search for dxdiag. Wait for the drivers to get loaded on your system. If they are already installed, you can find a test button. Click on the same and run a test.
If the problem persists even after implementing the above steps, contact the Sony laptop support center. You may also go to the official Sony Vaio website and get the 24X7 Sony laptop support to do away with the errors in the sound device.