Microsoft Outlook 2007
A distribution list is a list of contacts, which has all the contacts of people whom you email regularly. It makes your work easy and simple; you just have to create a group with all the contacts needed in that group. For instance, you can create a group of college friends and add all the email addresses of your college friends under this group. Whenever there is an event in the college or a get together, you can inform all without leaving behind anyone. Here is how to create a distribution list Outlook 2007.
Create a list of contacts
- Open Excel, in the first column, type in the First Name, next Last Name and in the third column – the Email address.
- Now enter the names and email addresses of each person you wish to add to the distribution list.
- When you are done with all the contacts, Save the Excel Sheet with a relevant name to the distribution list, change the save as type to CSV (comma delimited), and after this click on Save.
Importing the list
- Now launch the Outlook program. Click on Contacts, right click on the contact list, and then select New Folder. Now enter something that is relevant to the distribution list and then click on Ok. Double Click on the new Folder to open the same.
- From the File tab, click on the option Open and then select the option Import.
- Select the option Import From Another Program Or File and then click on Next. Now select the Comma Separated Values option and then click on Next. Now click on the Browser button, search for the Excel sheet that you created and select the same, and click on Open.
- You can choose if you want duplicates and then click on Next. Now you will have to select the folder created and then click on Next. To complete the process of creating a DS, click on Finish.
Microsoft Outlook Express
Create the Distribution List
- Select the Folder that contains the list that you imported.
- Now click on New, then Distribution List or Contact Group.
- In the name Field, type the Name for the distribution list.
- Click on the Add Members or Select Members option. In the Show Names From List, select New Folder.
- Click on Contact; Select All the contacts in the list. Click on Members, Ok and then Save And Close, in order to save the distribution list.
This is the how you create a distribution list Outlook 2007. For any further assistance, contact our tech support desk.
Office On Windows 7
Microsoft Word, commonly known as MS Word is a word processor that is used for managing documents. The program comes along with Microsoft’s Office suite set of programs. One of the major properties of Word was that it allowed the users to add custom fonts. Here we discuss how to add fonts to Windows 7 Office Word program or a Word running on Windows 7 operating system.
- If you are currently running Microsoft Word processor on your system, close it by clicking on the small x shaped button found at the top right corner of the application window.
- Open the folder that contains the font that you wish to add to the Word processor by using the Windows Explorer program.
- Now move the mouse pointer to the left bottom corner of the screen and then click on the Start menu button located there to open the Start menu. Click on the Control Panel tab to open the Control Panel window on the screen.
- At the top right corner of the Control Panel window, you will be able to see the Search box. Type in fonts in it and press the Enter button found in the keyboard.
- Search assistant in Windows 7 will now display the search result on the screen. Click on the option labeled as View Installed Fonts found under the Fonts tab in the search results.
- The system will now open the Fonts folder. You will be able to see all the fonts installed with your system on the screen.
- Now navigate to the folder that contains the font, click on the font that you wish to add to the system and drag and drop the font file to the Fonts window. Now the selected font will be added to the collection of Windows fonts. If the font file is large, you will be able to see the font transfer on the screen.
- Restart the system to make the changes permanent and take effect.
If you follow the simple instruction given above, you will be able to add fonts to Windows 7 Office Word and you will be able to access and use the added font from Word next time you launch Word. However if you are not able to add font files, or access the font added to Windows’s central system with Word program, feel free to contact the Windows support team.
Create Distribution List In Outlook 2007 Help
Microsoft Outlook is a software that you’ll need if you’re dealing with huge numbers of email on a daily basis. And because of the features that it makes available to, it’s easy to grow used to. Apart from using the basic send/receive function, it can help you to allocate tasks, schedule jobs, set events, use the Calendar, and do a lot more. You can even create a distribution list in Microsoft Outlook.
A distribution list is wonderful feature that can help you send messages to a preset group of people. Other than for sending email messages, distribution lists can be used to send meeting requests, task requests, and even other distribution lists.
The average would not knee how create distribution list in Outlook 2007. Most people never even find out there is such a feature. If you were one such user, then here are two ways to do it.
- Is a fairly easy task to Create distribution list in Outlook 2007, even if you do not know much about Outlook. First you need to launch Microsoft Outlook 2007. Then select the Tools option. From this tab, you need to select Address Book. In the Address Book window, you need to choose the Show Names from the… option and then select Contacts.
- Then you need to select the New Entry option from the list of options, and click on Select Entry Type. Then you will need to select New Distribution List. Then you have to select Put This Entry, and after that select In the contacts. Afterwards, click on OK, and you will have created a new email distribution list.
Create Distribution List In Outlook 2007 Info
If you have already created a distribution list and want to add more contacts from another email account or Excel spreadsheet, it is possible to import those lists and merge it with your existing distribution list in Outlook 2007. Under the Show Names from the.. list, you need to choose the Global Address Book. Then select the names of the contacts in the Name tab, and choose the name of the distribution list (the list you wish to add new address or contacts into). Click OK and these lists will be merged.
This is a useful feature when you want to distribute tasks, messages or meeting requests to a group of contacts. Find out a lot more about this exceedingly useful feature, from the other posts on this site.
Microsoft Registry holds the system data that is much important for the operation of the computer. Sometimes, registry errors can occur and this can lead to havoc if these errors are not addressed quickly. Registry errors can be caused due to virus attacks, improper shut down of the computer and many more things. Some of the data that are stored in registry include user profiles, hardware and software applications, port references etc.
If your PC shows sudden abnormalities while acknowledging any of the basic operations, it could be an indication of the presence of registry errors, and that you need to perform the Microsoft registry repair. You can try some of these basic steps to run the System Restore utility and get rid of registry errors.
System Restore In Windows XP
- Turn on your Windows XP PC and click on Start button. From the Start options, select Control Panel. From Control Panel window, select Performance and Maintenance.
- You can then select System Restore and then Restore my computer to an earlier time. After selecting this option, you can click on the Next button.
- From the available list of restore points, choose one. The Restore Point dates will be in bold. The default selection will be the date of the last manual restore point or System Checkpoint.
- Click on the Next button and select Next again in the confirmation screen. Press OK to confirm system restore after the computer restarts.
These are the steps to perform System Restore in the Windows XP OS.
System Restore In Vista
- Turn on Windows Vista PC and click on the Start button. Move to the Start Search box and then type systempropertiesprotection. After that, press the Enter key.
- Select System Protection tab and then select System Restore.
- Click on Choose a different Restore Point and then select Next.
- From the list, you can select the restore point and then select the Next button. Click on Next again in the confirmation screen.
- After the computer restarts and you are logged in, you can select on the OK button to confirm the system restore.
These are the steps to perform System Restore in Windows Vista operating system. If you have any doubts in any of the steps, or would like to know more on Microsoft registry repair, you can contact our Microsoft support team. They will be able to provide you more information on Microsoft registry repair and System Restore.
PowerPoint is software that is developed and marketed by Microsoft Corporation for helping people to create presentations. Since the program is available in the Office suite bundle, most of the offices have this program and they use it for creating slide shows. The slides you have created in the program will look better and will catch much attention if you do have a background image. Here we discuss about creating and using custom images as background images for slides in a PowerPoint presentation.
Open the PowerPoint application by double clicking on its icon found in the desktop. When the program window appears on the screen, insert the images in to the program, by dragging and dropping them in the program window or by copying the images from their location and then pasting them to PowerPoint. Before you create animated backgrounds for PowerPoint, adjust and keep the images wherever you desire. If you are planning to add text or any other media to the program, add them to the slide around the images added. Take necessary arrangement adjustments so that the slide looks aesthetically good for viewers.
Backgrounds For PowerPoint
If you wish to add multiple images to a slide in the Outlook program and wish to keep the images in multiple slides, then creating your animated backgrounds for PowerPoint using another program is the best option. Usually people prefer using Microsoft Publisher for creating background images for use in the PowerPoint program. However, you can use any other program of your choice if you choose so, but you need to remember to save the image you have created as a.jpgfile. The benefit of using this method is that the image in the background is stored as a single image and there is no need to input many images in a single go.
If you really do not wish to create a new background but would like to have some graphics on your slides, there are many templates available in the program that you can choose from, these are available as default accessories and the program allows you to download new themes or templates from the internet. The good thing about using these templates is that since they are compatible with PowerPoint, they provide a professional look for your slides.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to blend background images to PowerPoint presentations with ease.