Creating PowerPoint Presentations
Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful presentation software tool, which comes as a part of the Office Suite from Microsoft. It gives you a wide range of options to use in creating visual presentations that convey the relevant data. People often convert PDF to PowerPoint presentations so they can have the information ready quickly. But, if you have presentations of large file size, you could still convert these to PDF too. There is also the benefit of being able to shrink the information enough to mail it easily.
When you convert PDF to PowerPoint you’re allowing changes to be made to the presentation file. PDF files are more consistent, which is another major advantage of saving your presentation in the PDF format. There’s now an add-in from Microsoft, which lets you do this easily. It works with MS Office, and logically also with PowerPoint presentations.
How to convert
- Launch the Microsoft PowerPoint program.
- See that you have the correct add-in, and then, hit the Office button at the top-left. For Office 2007 and higher versions, this is what’s there instead of the File button.
- From the menu, choose Save as, and then select PDF or XPS. If you can’t find the latter option, choose the Find add-ins for other file formats option.
- Navigate to the 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS link. Select the language you want it in, and hit the Download button. This will download the add-in, and then you open the executable file and install. It should not take long, since the file is of relatively small size, and so is the add-in it installs.
Saving PowerPoint Presentations
- Go back to PowerPoint and make a new presentation document. Get it to a point that you want to save it in, because changes can’t be made to the PDF file, once it’s created. You could, of course, repeatedly save it as PDF. The next step is how.
- Hit the Office button at the top-left corner again, and just like you did before getting the add-on, choose Save as, and then select PDF or XPS. You’ll be prompted to save the file, so give it a preferred name for that. After saving it, hit the Publish button. Your PowerPoint presentation has now been saved as a PDF file.
This was on how to save a PowerPoint presentation as a PDF file so as to get a smaller, more easily mailable file. Call us, if you want help with this procedure.
PowerPoint Troubleshooting Tips
Targus Wireless Presenter is a combination of mouse and laser pointers to be used during a presentation. People mainly make use of these devices when working on a PowerPoint presentation for changing slides. Even though the presenter provides easy locomotion, there is a constraint, it does not work if the mouse or pointing device is over 50 feet away from the receiver. Here we discuss some simple tips for troubleshooting the presenter so that you can show your presentation without any issues.
- One of the main reasons for the malfunctioning of the Targus Wireless Presenter is a dead or low charge battery. So the first thing that you must do before PowerPoint troubleshooting is to check if the batteries are good or not. Usually the issue will be fixed when you replace the AAA battery with a new one.
- Another reason that gives rise to issues with the wireless presenter is due to interference from other channels. Changing the channel that you use would be the best option to fix the issue. For changing the channel, press the connection button on the presenter within ten seconds of pressing the connection button on the receiver.
- If the distance with the receiver is more than fifty feet, you will have to reduce it, as the presenter does not work over 50 feet. Move closer to the receiver to see if the issue was the distance.
Troubleshooting Wireless Presenter
- PowerPoint troubleshooting tips posted in the Windows help website advice that it will be better if you switch off all the other wireless devices in the vicinity and the signal might interfere with the signal of Wireless Presenter, making it perform faulty.
- Since there is a chance of interference from the PC to the receiver, only connect the receiver to the PC using a USB cable. Also, make sure that there is some distance between the PC and the receiver.
- If all the troubleshooting tips provided above fail, try reinstalling the software that came with the presenter. The reason for the malfunctioning of the presenter might be due to software issues and so reinstalling the device software might fix the issue. It is also advised to install latest drivers for the device if the problem persists.
If you follow the simple tips given above, you will be able to troubleshoot issues with Targus Wireless Presenter.