Microsoft PowerPoint is a famous application released by Microsoft as part of their Microsoft Office suite. PowerPoint is often used by business professionals and students for making slides for their presentations. In fact, it makes the presentation a little more easier than normal. However, there are some animations for PowerPoint called Custom animation, which makes the slides beautiful and attractive. Now, let us look at it in detail.
How the item will appear in the presentation is determined by the entrance effect. Normally, all the items including images and graphs will be seen in the PowerPoint slide by default but you will not be able to control the appearance of these items. Therefore, by using the entrance effect, one can easily change the appearance and the timing of the items in the slides. Moreover, this also gives the option for the users to show the graphics items even after the presentation of the slides.
Sometimes, there is an instance in which, you need to change the image that is once included in the slide. These changes will be done to set it to fade, object grow, change colors, shrink, and making transparent or changing fonts. This will help the users to point out certain things while presenting the slides before the audiences and will make your presentation interactive.
Instructions for applying custom animation
- Click the button called Custom Animation from the tab called Animations.
- Next, you need to select the button called Add Effect.
- Select the option called Entrance Effect to create an effect when the object or text comes in the presentation.
Using animations in PowerPoint
- Select the option called Emphasis Effect to create an effect to the object or text that is included in the slide.
- Select the option Exit Effect, if you need to include an effect when the items like object or text leaves the slide.
- Select the option called Motion Path effect to allow the object to move in a specified pattern.
- You can use the buttons called reorder to reorder the animations in PowerPoint.
- Click the button labeled Play, to get a preview of the animations that you are included in the slide. This will help you to make some modifications, if necessary.
Thus, you can use these animations for PowerPoint to make the presentation more interesting and interactive.
We can see that the use of animations for PowerPoint presentations has a great significance. These animations make a presentation catchy to the audience. The message can be effectively conveyed to the targeted audience. Read ahead to know more about the importance of animations in PowerPoint slides.
PowerPoint animations can make a presentation lively and more informative. The most popular types of effects in animations for PowerPointhave exits and entrances. You can also give sound effects to the animations to make it more impressive. There are special Smart Art graphics, with which you can customize the animations for PowerPoint.
Many corporate companies make use of PowerPoint presentations to conduct their important meetings and conferences. Besides that, we can use these presentations to launch products in the market. Therefore, we can see that a PowerPoint presentation has an integral role to play in the corporate business world. There are chances for technical errors to occur during such a presentation. To avoid such situations you can take some precautionary measures.
Advanced PowerPoint animations
Tips to make appropriate rectifications
One of the best ways is to select the slide that you think needs the rectification and you can make appropriate changes on it. You can click on a particular animation to shift it to a different location and make sure it is being displayed in the correct format during the presentation. This can be done by clicking on the Animations tab. You will find the Advanced Animation and Timing option on the right hand side of the Animations tab. This option can be used to make all types of slide correction. One is known as Quick Adjustment. Quick Adjustment enables you to auto correct the order of a selected animation. The other option is known as More Details Needed. This option enables you to reveal the complete list of the animated objects pertaining to the PowerPoint presentation.
You will also be able to find the Re-Order button below the Animation pane to make an animated object appear early or later in the Presentation as per your preference. There is a way, with which you can make alteration in the complete motion path. This is done by moving the pointer towards a four-way arrow icon. Drag the motion path to the location where you want it to be placed.
Besides that, you can also press on Shift + F 5 for viewing the current slide inside the slide show view. This will enable you to ensure that your slide show is ready for the final PowerPoint presentation.
Effects Of Animations For PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint program allows you to use a number of effects in your presentation slide. The program features Graphic interchange Format files along with Flash animation options. Animations for PowerPoint can make a presentation interesting and induces the active participation of the audience as well. All you require is to fine-tune the animation needs if you want to conduct the presentation successfully.
- Launch Microsoft PowerPoint Program. Choose your presentation slide. Select the animation. While you choose, you will see the white dots along the side of the animation with a green dot over it. Choose and hold the green dot. Now, you can drag the mouse to either the left or the right of the screen for rotating the animation.
- Open Format Picture menu for rotating the animation with much accuracy. Click twice over the green dot seen above the animation.
- Tap on the Size tab within the Format Picture menu. Choose the field adjacent to the Rotation heading to give the precise orientation for the animation.
- Tap the Picture tool bar to rotate your animation in 90-degree increments. For accessing Picture Tool bar, you can go to View and then Toolbars and choose Picture. Select your animation and then choose the Rotate left 90-degree button seen within the Picture toolbar.
- Now, choose the Reset Picture Button. You can access the Reset Picture button form the extreme right end of the Picture Tool bar. This will help you go back to the original animation.
Benefits Of Animations For PowerPoint
- You can choose More Rotate Options if you do not need to use any one of the rotation alternatives on the menu. While tapping the More Rotate options, you will get a window displaying the Size and Position. You can provide the degrees with which you need to start the rotation in the animation. Enter by typing, the number in the field that is near the Rotation option. Finally choose OK to finish the process.
- Choose Save to incorporate the changes within your PowerPoint presentation slide.
Animations for PowerPoint help enhance the appeal and effectiveness of the message you need to convey. Moreover, ideas explained by way of pictures help you reduce your jobs. Explaining facts by means of pictures takes the audience to a better understanding of the topic under consideration. All you have to do is to perform the simple steps and make way for a successful presentation!
How To Copy A Custom Animation In PowerPoint 2007?
You can make your PowerPoint presentation more interesting and exciting for the audience, including your teachers. Apart from presenting a good seminar using your PowerPoint 2007, you can also draw more attention with your PowerPoint presentation using custom animations for PowerPoint. Most of your colleagues may be using simple static images and text. But, you can do it a different way with custom animation.
The audience will feel a sense of life in your presentation and enjoy the drama that you have incorporated with the animated objects. But, you must make sure that the animations for PowerPoint should be able to fade in, zoom around or even swivel out. Through this method, you may score more marks in the seminar. Read on the article to learn how to copy a custom animation in your PowerPoint 2007.
How to copy custom animation?
- Open your PowerPoint 2007. Click the tab that reads “Animation” on the ribbon. Select “Custom Animation.” If you look to the right-hand side of the slide, you will see a pane containing all the objects that you would need to animate.
- Now, select the object to be animated and make a copy of it from the list. The object may be either a text box or simply a graphic object. In order to copy the object, follow the simple steps of copying items from your keyboard onto your computer i.e. press “Ctrl+C” simultaneously
Animations For PowerPoint
- Then, in order to paste the object, first press “Ctrl+M” simultaneously which will create a new slide and then “Ctrl+V” to paste the object. In this way, you can copy and paste any number of objects you want to animate on the selected slide. If you are not satisfied with the current text you are using, you can change it by clicking and editing the text. You can also change the picture by simply navigating to the tab on the ribbon that reads “Picture tools: Formatting.” Now, click on the “Change picture” button and select the new picture you want for animation.
These are just simple instructions to perform a copy-paste of custom animations for PowerPoint 2007. If you want to learn more about custom animation in PowerPoint, visit the “Animations for PowerPoint” website and read the related topics or articles. After you have mastered this field, you can help out your brother/sister or your friends in presenting a good seminar with custom animation.
Choose animations for PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the presentation applications included in the Microsoft Office Suite. It helps us prepare presentations and you can easily make your slide presentations attractive using the various options present in the PowerPoint application. You can give different effects to your slides and the titles and pictures present in the slide. If you wish to add animations for PowerPoint, the same can be done using the Slide Transition option present in Power Point. It is possible for you to choose all the elements together and apply the animation to the whole group. If you wish to give such animations for PowerPoint, follow these instructions given below.
Using the animation effects in PowerPoint
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint in your computer. Open the slide in PowerPoint to which you need to apply the animation.
- In the menu that appears on top, choose the Animations tab.
- Now press and hold on the Ctrl Key and use your mouse to choose the text box on the slide along with pictures. Now when you release the Ctrl key and this will highlight the selected items.
- Select the Animation option on the navigation tab. Choose from the different types of animations from the drop down menu.
Adding custom animations
- Open PowerPoint, choose the Animations tab, and select Custom Animations. You will find a vertical panel on the right.
- Press the Ctrl key for some time and choose the picture and text box on the slide. Now release the Ctrl key and this will highlight these items.
Select animations for PowerPoint
- Above the animations panel, you will find the Add Effect button, select it. Now choose the type of animation that you wish to have on your slide presentation from the drop down menu. This will open up a menu, from which you can choose the effect options. After selecting the same, you will find the animation generated in the panel list.
- If you need the animation to be changed, you can modify the animation by using the options for customizing the animations.
- If you have already applied an animation and if you want to choose a different animation, this can be done by selecting that animation from the list. You will find a panel on the top, in which you will find the Change Button. Clicking this button will make variations in the animations for PowerPoint.
These are the different methods, by which animations for words and pictures on a PPT slide can be done.
Include background music to PPT
Microsoft PowerPoint, ever since its release, has always been popular among its users for its functionality as well as its versatile features. Animated backgrounds for PowerPoint are of course a sure fire way to make your presentation interesting. In addition, you can also include some background music in accordance with your presentation to make it even more extraordinary. With the latest versions of PowerPoint, using audio files can be done even more flexibly. Users can have several files playing simultaneously and they can also specify the duration for which they want to play an audio file. By inserting the audio file that you want into the slide, you can add background music to your presentation.
How to include background music to a whole PowerPoint presentation?
Here is how you can add audio files to your presentation in addition to animated backgrounds for PowerPoint.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint and to open the presentation in which you want to add some background music, select File. From the list of options, choose Open Project and click on the project you wish to use.
- From this presentation, choose the slide that you want to use with the background music. Select Insert and then click on Movies and Sounds. Now choose the Sound from File option and navigate the browser window to where the audio file is located. Remember that PowerPoint can only play audio files that are in MP3, AU, WMA and AIFF formats.
Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
- When a new window asking how you would want the audio to play pops up, click Automatically.
- Now select Slide Show followed by Custom Animation. In the list of available options, select the audio file’s icon. The audio file will most likely be titled Media 1. From the drop down menu, select the Effect Options.
- From the Stop Playing section of the new window, select After Current Slide and click on the OK button.
These are the basic steps to be followed if you wish to include some background music to a whole PowerPoint presentation. To stop the music when you want and to make other alterations you require, modify the audio settings. If you have any queries, PowerPoint has an inbuilt Help that has the answers to numerous frequently asked questions. But if that does not prove to be of much help, simply contact the Microsoft support team to get expert guidance.
how to create snow effect on power point
It does not matter if you are creating a presentation for a personal or a business purpose; adding special effects can help you to perk up your presentation, as well as add emphasis and visual appeal to it. With the help of in-built auto shapes and tools, you can come up with cool animations for PowerPoint presentations. To bring in some seasonal theming, try adding snow. In this article, we will teach you how to add a cool snowflake effect to your PowerPoint presentation.
- Launch the PowerPoint application and open the presentation to which you need add the snow effect. Hit the Format option, and select Background. You should choose a background color for your presentation from the drop down swatch. Choose dark colors such as black or blue. Click Apply to confirm your selection.
- Navigate back to the top tool bar, click Insert, select Shapes, and then pick the oval auto shape from the list. Click anywhere on the background to create a small circle, which will be where your first snowflake shows. You can hold down the shift key and click on multiple spots. Now double click on any circle and press Fill and further click Gradient Fill.
- Set the Color options to white. Also open the Direction drop-down box, and choose a color, which is bright at the center and lighter towards edges. From the left pane, click Line Color and then select No Line. Hit Ok to save your changes.
- You can use the copy paste functions from your keyboard (CTRL+C and then CTRL+V) to create snowflakes all over your presentation, rather than doing it individually. Try to distribute them evenly across your presentation.
how to use Animation Painter on PowerPoint
- Navigate back to the top tool bar, click Animations, and select Advanced animations. Choose Fly Out from the list of animations for PowerPoint. You can set the duration and speed of your snowflakes by tweaking the Timing section.
- After setting up the Fly Out and Timing option, click on the Animation Painter option. You need to select all the snowflakes that you have created, and apply a common animation rule to all the items selected. Now your snowflake effect is set for display, and you can check it by hitting the Preview button from the View option.
This is one cool idea to make your PowerPoint presentation impressive. Keep watching this space for more fun ideas, to help you customize your powerpoint presentations.
effective PowerPoint presentations
Animations for PowerPoint help you make your presentations dynamic and effective. Instead of having a sequence of static slides, if you venture out to present it with the help of animated objects, then it will make the audience attentive and interactive. Often PowerPoint serves as an easy and efficient tool to do this. However, while incorporating several animations for the number of objects that you are going to present; sometimes one object may interfere with the animation of the other. The objects may contain images, tables, SmartArt etc that move around the screen while the slides are on the show. In order to make the presentation worth watching, the first object should fade as the animation for the second object commences.
Accomplishing this feature is not a big task with PowerPoint. A simple procedure for the same is described here.
- First of all you should open the Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 presentation that you want to work with. On the left side of the window there is a list of slides. Among them you have to select the slide that contains the object which you want to hide.
- Before the animation starts playing you have to click on the object that you want to hide.
- Now you need to click on the Animations tab at the top of the screen and then on the Add Animation button on the ribbon. Then you should choose any animation under the heading Exit, because this will allow the objects to disappear.
animate your slides
- Now you need to select the Move Earlier button in the Reorder Animation area of the ribbon. This will move your first animation to exit before the second animation begins on the screen. You can see the digit 1 appearing next to the new object and the digit 2 appearing next to the old animated object.
- If you want to select the old animation, you should click on the 2 digit. Then you should click on the drop down menu near to the Start in the Timing area of the ribbon. Now you have to choose After Previous from the menu. As soon the object hides, your animation will automatically play.
As you may have observed, it is not a tough job to organize your presentations with PowerPoint. I hope the above description is very helpful in managing the animations for PowerPoint as you can make the slide show very attractive.
PowerPoint animated backgrounds
Microsoft PowerPoint is an application which helps you to create presentations. In order to make your presentation more live, you can add animations like movies, pictures, audio files etc into the presentation slides. It will help you to catch the attention of the audience. The article will provide you instructions to create PowerPoint presentations by incorporating the animated backgrounds.
Instructions to Follow
In order to give animated backgrounds for PowerPoint slideshows, you need to follow the instructions as given below:
- First click on the “Start” button which is provided at the bottom left side of your desktop. From the resulting menu options, click on “All Programs”. A list of programs will be displayed on the screen. You need to select the program which is named as “Microsoft Office”. Among the Microsoft Office programs, select “Microsoft PowerPoint”.
- A new PowerPoint window will be displayed on the screen. In that window, you need to click the tab which is labeled as “File”. From the resulting options, click “Open”è “Browse”. You need to double-click the slideshow file name in order to open it. Then scroll to the slide.
- Now click on the tab which is labeled as “Design”. This tab is displayed at the top of the screen. Then click on the button which is labeled as “Background Styles” provided at the right-side of the ribbon toolbar. Now click the option which is titled as “Format Background”.
- A new Format Background pop-up menu will be displayed on the screen. In the pop-up window, you need to select the menu which is labeled as “Fill”. Click the “Picture or texture fill” radio button.
Animated backgrounds in PowerPoint
- Now click “File” button which comes under the section labeled as “Insert From”. Here you can browse for the movie background or other animation backgrounds to be used in your slideshow presentation. Once you double-click on the multimedia file, the slide background will be automatically updated.
- Click the “Close” button in order to close down the “Format Background” menu. Click on the button labeled “Apply to All” in order to use the selected animations or movie background on all the currently active slides that appears on the slide deck. After that, click the “Close” button.
These are the simple steps that will help you to create animated backgrounds for PowerPoint. Please have it a try!
Exciting PowerPoint Presentation
Doing presentations in PowerPoint is always a fun thing. You can experiment with different styles in PowerPoint. You can add a variety of animations and graphics into it which adds a bit flare to your presentation. By using animated backgrounds for PowerPoint you can make your presentations more dynamic. Here we are going to discuss how to add animated fireworks into your presentation.
Adding PowerPoint Fireworks
- Open your PowerPoint application. From the main menu toolbar, click on “Insert’ tab. Click “Shapes” and select the Oval shape from the many different shapes you see there. Now draw a circle on the stage by holding down the mouse and dragging it. Choose dimensions of 2 by 3 inches. This will be your explosion. Now repeat the same process but now a circle having dimensions 1.5 by 0.5 inches which is to use for the rocket.
- Now highlight both the circles by holding down the Shift key and clicking on both shapes. Right-click and select “Format Object” from the pull-out menu.
- From the Format Shape tool box, select Fill tab. Choose “Gradient Fill”. From the Preset Colors drop-down menu, click the “Fire” option. From the Type menu, click “Radial”. Click “From Center” from the Direction drop-down menu. Now click “Line Color” and select “No Line”. Finally click the Close tab to accept.
- Now click on Animations tab and select “Custom Animation”. Drag the rocket to the bottom of the slide.
- Highlight your rocket by clicking on it. Click Add Effect > Entrance > Appear. Choose “After Previous” from the “Start” pull-down menu.
- Select Add Effect > Motion Path > Draw Custom Path > Line.
- Click on the rocket and by holding down the mouse drag a line to the explosion. Now right-click on the rocket and select the option “Send to Back“.
- From the animation panel, click “Line Effect“. From the “Start” pull-out menu, click “With Previous”. Right-click “Line Effect” and select “Effect Options”.
Features of PowerPoint
- Highlight explosion and click “Add Effect > Exit > Disappear”. Select “After Previous” for the Start Type.
- Select Add Effect > Emphasis > Grow Shrink. Select “With Previous” for the Start Type.
- Select Add Effect > Entrance > Appear. Select “With Previous” for the Start Type. Select”Very Fast” for the speed.
- Select Add Effect > Exit > Dissolve Out. Select “With Previous” for the Start Type. Select”Very Fast” for the speed.
- Choose “Format Background” from the pull-out menu by right-clicking on the slide. Click Gradient Fill > Nightfall from the Preset Color menu. Click on the Type menu and choose Linear > Direction > Linear Down.
- Click Apply and Close to accept.
Now see for yourself how animated backgrounds for PowerPoint and special effects changes the way your presentation looks. Explore more features and make it big!