Just like securing data in a computer, we would like to have the hardcopy of the same for various purposes like preparing reports. When it comes to taking a hardcopy, it is essential to have a printer to get the task done. There are various printers. HP printer is one of the most commonly used printers.
We need to follow certain steps for installing HP printer driver. There are varieties of models available and you need to follow certain steps and get the printer installed. You can also contact the HP printer tech support for assistance.
- Visit the support website for HP printers and drivers. Perform this from your web browser.
- In the homepage of the HP website, type in the name of the HP printer along with its model number in the area meant for performing the search.
- After typing in the name, select the search bar. Now a list of printers will be shown.
- You need to choose the link of HP printer that is the same or compatible with the name of the printer and model that you have provided. This will guide you to the page for Printer’s support and drivers’ page.
- In the homepage for the printer, choose Software Drivers and Downloads. Here, choose the name of the operating system and this will help you to choose the correct printer driver.
- This will show a software driver link that is automatically generated and this will be the one that is meant for your operating system. A new window will pop up and this will ask you to download the file.
- Select Save button to save the driver setup application on your hard drive.
- After saving the file, open and run the setup application. This will commence the installation wizard of HP printer.
- You will find the End User License Agreement; agree to this to start the installation process. When you click Next, you will be asked to point out a location to save the components of HP printer along with the associated folders.
- Provide the folder location as shown by the operating system to complete the installation and click Next. This will take a few minutes to complete.
- After the process, connect the printer to the computer and check for the physical connection. After detection of the printer, you will be able to take print outs from the same.
If you have any doubts regarding the installation of printer, contact the HP printer tech support for assistance. The HP printer tech support will provide you the instructions.