Outlook Express, being a personal information management tool, is used by millions of computer users for sending and receiving large chunks of emails in a single go. However, there are a number of occasions when the email client can turn out to be buggy. Given below are some simple instructions that will help you in resolving these Outlook Express problems.
- Start out the process by clicking on the Windows “Start” menu located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen and click on the icon that is labeled by “Restart” from the shutdown options. As soon as your computer restarts, you need to launch the Outlook Express to check if the issue has been resolved. If not, then proceed to the next step.
- Close down all programs that are currently running on your computer other than Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. Now, in the Internet Explorer window, you need to click on the “Tools” menu followed by “Internet Options.” After that, you need to select the “Delete Files” options from the “Temporary Internet files” section. Select the box next to the “Remove all offline files” option and press the “OK” button. If the issue is not fixed, go to the next step.
- In the Outlook Express window, select the “File” menu and then choose the “Work Offline” option. Select “Folder List,” and
then click on “Outlook Express.” After that, click on the “X” button located at the upper-right corner of the panel. Select “Folder” from the “File” menu. Select “Compact All Folders” and wait for a few minutes.
- Go to the “Start” menu and click on the icon that is labeled “Run.” Enter the text “msimn /reg” into the “Open” box and press the “OK” button. After that, you need to click on “Options” from the “Tools” menu in the Internet Explorer browser. Click on the tab named “Programs” in the pop-up window. Assign Outlook Express as your default program for email and news.
- Go to Windows “Start” menu and click on the icon that is labeled by “Run.” Type in “regsvr32 urlmon.dll” into the “Open” box and click on the “OK” button. Repeat this for “regsvr32 mshtml.dll,” “regsvr32 shdocvw.dll,” “regsvr32 browseui.dll” and “regsvr32 msjava.dll.”
So, that was some information about repairing Outlook Express problems. Hope you found this post informative. Adios!Google+