One of the advantages of using a Targus presentation remote is that it is able to function as a wireless mouse and laser pointer without requiring to download software drivers. Due to this, the presentation will become smoother. However, if problems occur with it, you are required to do PowerPoint troubleshooting in order to start using the program again.
The guidelines given below will help you in resolving some common problems encountered by the users using the Targus Presentation Remote. The instructions are simple and will help you in resolving the problems.
Instructions to Troubleshoot a Targus Presentation Remote
- First of all, check whether the connection between the USB receiver and the computer is still intact.
- If faulty connections is not the problem, then check that the computer selection switch is set to the correct type of software you are using. To do so, you need to follow some simple steps. Remove the cover off of the battery compartment. If you are using a computer made by Acer, Sony, Fujitsu, Gateway, Toshiba, Dell, HP/Compaq, IBM/Lenovo, Asus, Panasonic or another computer manufacturer then move the switch to “Mac PowerPoint“, “Mac KeyNote“, or “PC PowerPoint“.
- Now, check whether you have placed the batteries in the compartment according to the polarities marked inside the compartment. The positive and negative ends of the batteries should be placed in the appropriate places. if the remote still does not work properly, replace
the remote’s two AAA batteries with fresh new ones. After replacing the batteries or placing it correctly, do not forget to place the cover back on the remote.
- For the remote to function correctly, you should be within 15 meters or 50 feet apart from the computer and mini-USB receiver.
- In some of the cases, due to the presence of wireless device base units that may cause interference, it will affect the ability of the remote’s receiver. So, make sure that you move any nearby wireless device base units farther away from the receiver of the remote.
- If the remote is still not functioning properly, turn off nearby wireless devices and their base units.
Follow these simple set of instructions provided by the support team if you want to do some PowerPoint troubleshooting in order to resolve some issues.Google+