As of late, Sony has chosen to expand the widespread use of the VAIO brand. You can now find it on desktops, notebooks, subnotebooks, not to mention, media centers. The VAIO brand shall also be included in the network media solutions. Before you choose to boot to or use USB devices on a Sony Vaio RS400 system, it is necessary that you enable USB in the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS). Universal Serial Bus happens to be a widely accepted universal replacement for parallel, serial as well as other kinds of ports that can be used for connecting devices to the computer.
Devices like mouse, printers, external hard drives and keyboards are purchasable in USB format. MP3 players, digital cameras and electronic devices like USB ports use USB ports as well. Instructions for enabling USB in BIOS on a Sony Vaio RS400 devised by the Sony support laptop team are given below.
How to enable USB in BIOS on a Sony Vaio RS400
- Start off with these instructions by turning off the Sony Vaio RRS400 system.
- Following which, you have to restart and hold “F3” when the system starts.
- In order to enter the system setup or BIOS, you have to press “F1.”
- To select “Advanced,” make use of the right arrow key.
- In order to select “Peripheral Configuration,” the up and down arrow keys have to be used.
- In order to view the setting currently available, you have to press “Enter.”
- In order to select “USB Interface,” the down arrow has to be used.
- In order to view the USB settings, you have to press “Enter.”
- In order to change the USB setting to “Enabled,” you have to use the plus or minus key.
- In order to exit the USB settings, you have to press “Esc” twice.
- In order to save your settings and exit the BIOS, you have to hit “Enter” twice.
When you need to boot from USB devices, the boot order has to be changed within the BIOS such that the USB becomes the first in the list.
Instructions for enabling USB in BIOS on a Sony Vaio RS400 end here. Feel free to contact the Sony support laptop center if you need more help with this procedure. To visit the Sony support laptop website is also strongly advised.Google+